One of my main objectives in Research for MetaMagazine is to about exploration of information and visualizing information to enhance context and meaning and accessibility.
Information is a container word with several meanings; Information can refer to:
- raw data in a document or database
- tagged or classified information in a document or database
- specified, classified content without reference to a document or medium
- an answer to a specific question
- an automated system giving a programmed response to a specific question
Visualizing tools for Information are needed in our ongoing quest for information: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) has published a lot of research papers over the years and developed several visualization tools.
Looking for ways to visualize information and meta-levels I found the following websites:
- A visual exploration on mapping complex networks:
- Interactive Knowledge Maps of Tools, Books, Researchers, Success Factors, and Methods in the Visualization Field
- Periodic Table of Visualization Methods
- Visualization Methods from the Periodic Table:
- Information Visualization (methods and software)
- Data Visualization: Modern Approaches